How To Create A Failover Cluster using VMWare Workstation
Here's the How To that works:
1) Power down both servers
2) Backup the VMX Files
Don't do this to your own peril.
3) Add a second NIC to each server
4) Create the Shared Drives
* Someone apparently thought that the name extension to the right was a 'suggestion'?
Repeat this for all the disks added - be sure to keep track of which disk is on which disk channel - they MUST match on the second server when you add the disks!
5) Add the Disks to the Second Server
6) Modifying the VMX Files
Yours MAY look a litte different, for example:
6) Format the Shared Disks on the First Server
* I can't explain the Disk Management console here so I am assuming you know it.
7) Add the Shared Disks on the Second Server
SOME TROUBLE SHOOTING NOTES:
Hey folks - we do this for a living - leave comments, subscribe and never hesitate to send a link around!